Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, today is my 50th birthday and I have the sudden urge to read AARP Magazine. Not really, just kidding. Please stop sending them to me.

So far, it's been a pretty good one and it's only 11 AM. My brother and SIL are taking us out tomorrow night, I've gotten lots of cards (both real and ecards), a co-worker is taking me out to lunch at a French restaurant and oh, I'm engaged!

LOL! Yes, I am thrilled. No, I didn't expect it, especially at my ripe old age. Wow. My engagment ring, while beautiful, does not fit, as I have skinny piano fingers. But we're taking it for adjustment this weekend. (What IS that little piece called that they insert into the ring to make it fit?) I ALWAYS have a problem with rings and bracelets fitting.

We will most likely get married in the summer, probably at home since neither one of us have any money left after buying a house. But that's what we want, small and sweet, just family and close friends. All right, maybe some dogs. :-)

In fact, I joked to Tom that we should tell all our friends that we're getting married so we can have puppies. LOL!

So far, unless you're reading this blog, I have only told my best girlfriend and my siblings. I will only tell select co-workers because the women around here go BATSO if theere's a hint of an engagement or if someone brings in a baby. (No danger of THAT happening!)

So, that's it, on this sunny, crisp November 16 day.

I am very happy. I don't get too many days like this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you marrying John Zuppa?

Martta said...

LOL. Hell no! I am marrying my BF of almost 5 years. The one I live with. But if you knew me well, you would know that already.

Mauigirl said...

Congratulations!!!! I am just catching up on your blog and am thrilled to read your news!!! Love it - we're getting married so we can have puppies. LOL!

Also, Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Martta said...

Thanks, Maui! Hope your Thanksgiving was super as well. I am very happy. We're off to Vegas to run the marathon next week. Will talk when I get back.

Mauigirl said...

Great, have a wonderful time in Vegas! Talk to you soon!