Thursday, December 06, 2007

Now I Know Why I Like Staying Home

Holy moly, do prententious, boring people like this really exist? Read it and weep (italics mine). (From Baristanet):


"Wife Does she not have a name? and I got a night away from the baby last night Why did you have said baby if you find you have a need to get away?. We go for a nice dinner at Bangkok Kitchen in Caldwell. Then we want to relax and have a cozy drink. We'd prefer not to go back to our couch at home, since that's our typical evening. Sucks being you, don't it?

"Instead we begin working our way down Bloomfield Avenue: Rutherford's: didn't want to drive out that far. And last time I went it was empty. Cloverleaf... no thanks. walk in and there's a 40/50 something alone Lord, help us! You'll be a 40/50 something someday, too, Dude! at a bar table hammered out of her mind. Watching a classic rock cover band. Trumpets...walk in, and it's brightly lit and someone sounded like they were slowly being tortured on the mic. I know all about torture. I'm reading this, right? Considered Cecere's: But we've never been and were hesitant to go on a whim. Geez, lighten up! Life is short. Walked to Egan's from there. Buy 2 way overpriced drinks and stand up against the bar and watch as young punks stare at my wife. Oh brother. Probably staring at her in disbelief that she was with you.

"Are there no lounges? Yes, in old folks' homes and hospitals. Tried the bar in Little Falls on Main Street one night, and that was a mistake, too. Methinks thou doth complain too much.

"Any suggestions would be wonderful. A long drive off a short pier? Maybe I need to open a lounge. Oh, that'll be a big hit. Just looking for a place to have a nightcap where we're not attacked by college kids, bad music or the town drunk. Or boring, pretentious assholes? I know...it's a lot to ask." You got THAT right.

1 comment:

Mauigirl said...

LOL, I saw that post too. I am not sure exactly what his problem is. What exactly is a "lounge" anyway? It sounds to me like a place where those dreaded 50 year-olds might hang out. Also, I expect someone singing bad Barry Manilow songs. I don't think that's what would make his day somehow. So what is he looking for? I agree, he doth complain too much. As someone suggested, maybe the new Pianos in Bloomfield might do the trick. I haven't been there yet myself; I hope it's an improvement over Hathaway's.