Friday, February 10, 2006

Farkin' Hypocrite

There's an article in Reuters today about Jack Abramoff, the former lobbyist at the center of a corruption scandal, where he refutes the claim that Bush didn't know him. In the article, Abramoff says that Bush met him "almost a dozen times," which goes against what The White House is saying.

So here we have a case of "he said, he said," but what gets me most is this statement:

Abramoff raised more than $100,000 for Bush's 2004 re-election campaign, a feat that won him an invitation to Bush's ranch in August 2003, the National Journal reported at the time. However, Abramoff said he did not make the trip because, as an Orthodox Jew, he cannot travel on Saturdays.

Oh, it's not OK to travel on the Sabbath as a religious Jew but it IS ok to lie about illegal campaign contributions under the guise of charitable donations?

Please. I've had enough of these *zealots* hiding behind the cloak of religion when it's convenient for them. I've already lost my religion years ago. Now I'm about to lose my lunch.

No comments: