Friday, February 03, 2006

Quiverfull

Twins run in my family, on both sides no less, and I have this one cousin on my mom's side see who sends me about 8 emails a day (no kidding) of all kinds of blather, including pictures of kids that are supposedly related to me. I am not sure whose kids they are exactly but it's kinda like "second cousin, once-removed," et cetera and so forth. Does it ever stop?

A few years ago, I went to some sort of family function and the place was swarming with about 30 children, twins and singles, all under the age of 10! Where did these people come from and who are they? If I ran into them in public and fell over them, I wouldn't know them. One of my "first cousins, once removed" was sporting a "Jesus is My Homeboy" T-shirt. M'kay. Needless to say, I'm not rushing back to any family functions real soon. Not that it matters since my eldest brother had a fight with one of 'em a couple of years back and now they are not speaking to him, or to the rest of us. I wish them well but I embrace the peace and quiet.

No comments: