Sunday, February 05, 2006

What a Crock!

A few posts back, I talked about this ex that was hounding me to get together even though he knows I have a serious BF and am very content and all that. Well, a little birdie told me to mosey on over to Yahoo personals where he has posted an ad. After said friend and I had a good laugh at some of the inaccuracies (and bad spelling) posted below, I actually felt relieved that he's doing this. Perhaps he will stop asking me to meet for coffee.

"I'm a librarian at a large university (no,we're not all little elderly laddies (sic)with blue hair)who would enjoy meeting a articulate woman of intelligence who shares my passion for historical novels, film noir, a great Cabernet, cozy restaurants, classical guitar, rain storms, good stories, interesting architecture and all the small things that we often bypass or forget each day that make life worth living."

A few comments, however. (You don't think I'd let him off the hook THAT easy, didja?) Did you ever meet a person who seemed to be knowledgeable in one area and he or she would constantly lord that over you? Well, that's him to a T. You see, he's a history major and within the first five minutes of meeting him, he will let you know this. In my experience, however, his knowledge of history is at best spotty and his knowledge of other topics pales in comparison. But history is the only arena in which he feels comfortable so he will proceed to hold court and act like a know-it-all in order that he feels superior. Oh, you've met him, have you? :-)

As far as the "great Cabernet goes," he has a passion for many other kinds of booze, too. In fact, I'd venture to say that he's a binge drinker. He's been hospitalized for liver ailments at least 3 times in the past two years. He was told that his liver is performing at 40% capacity. Yet, he chooses to continue drinking. What does that tell you?

"Cozy restaurants." Bring some cash. Now I'm a gal, that does not mind picking up the check now and then. But, with him, it will be more now than then. Oh, I should add, I hope you have a car and valid license because you'll be driving. He lost his license years ago because he was driving with expired insurance. His lazy ass never bothered to renew it.

I guess that I'm trying to say, is that he sounds great on paper (or on the Internet), but a word to the wise: Caveat emptor.

No comments: