Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Clueless in Portland

Don't get me wrong, I love my sister-in-law in Oregon but sometimes, well, she's a mite clueless.

I kept bugging her and my brother to send me more photos of my beloved god dog, Chief. She kept promising and promising but nothing ever arrived. So, I decided to be proactive and I mailed them a disposable camera and $$$ towards development so there would be no more excuses.

Well, I waited and waited and predictably, it was always something: "It's been raining out, I've been sooo busy, blah-blah-blah." But FINALLY, yesterday I got letter from them which I opened up with great anticipation...only to find 6 pix? WTF?

There was a nice card enclosed stating, "Thanks for the camera! Sorry it took me so long, but here are the pictures of Chief. We refuse to let you pay for development so here is your $10 back. Hope all is well."

She obviously thought the camera I sent her was for her own pictures since there are 24 exposures on a roll and I only got 6 of the dog. I should add that only 1 or 2 of them are any damn good. I mean, he's a black dog so you have to use the flash, even when you're outdoors but certainly indoors! How can you goof up a goof-proof camera? So, I have one of his with his "birthday bone" and another one with his girlfriend, Mojo, (a chocolate Lab) and an unidentified golden retriver, which I framed. I will post them here once I scan them.

So, I had a good laugh about this but it only means one thing: I have to travel out to Oregon myself to get any decent pictures!

No comments: