Monday, May 29, 2006

Too Hot!

Well, I signed up for this Ridgewood 10K about 2 weeks ago and never expected 90-some-odd degree weather on May 28. It felt more like July!

Anway, there were 2 races, a 5K and a 10K. I figured since the 10K started at 8:45 AM and the 10K at 10, it would be cooler, right? Wrong...it was STILL hot as hell but hey, I managed to do my best 10K of the season at 51:28! Not a PR (a PR for me would be 50:11 or better) but hey, like I said, it was hot as hell. One of my friends actually had to drop out of the 5k because she felt faint. Another elite one-miler also passed out. Geez.

Out of the blue on Saturday, Tom says, "Hey, let's go the beach on Sunday." So we headed down to Bradley Beach. He picked the best day of the 3-day holiday, in my opinion. Warm, but not HOT, very little humidity, faint breeze...ahhh!

Today, after the race, me and Tom and couple of our running friends ended up at the Verona Pool. Too cold to swim (for me, anyway) but we had a great time just sitting around blabbing. I do have great friends; I am blessed.

But back to work tomorrow....bleh. I think Tom is really pushing for me to start looking for work in Jersey again. He's been leaving the Jobs section of the Ledger out for me to find. Hey, if I could find a job in NJ, I'd be there like shareware. Problem is, everyone thinks I am over qualified (I am not. I don't even have a master's degree, I just happen to have a good title), or that I want this tremendous salary (I don't. I can live on much less than I make in NYC). I really have to work at "dumbing down" my resume. I hate to do that but if it means getting what I want, I will.

No comments: