Thursday, December 28, 2006

Random Ramblings

Tomorrow is Girls' Day Out...yippee! I lurve getting together with the girlfriends: Anne, Lynne, Cat, Barb and Joan. All friends from my running club. We're going out to lunch and then out to a movie. Looks like we're seeing "Dream Girls" since about half of us have seen "Holiday."

"Holiday" was cute, very entertaining. And Jude Law, bastard that is he, is not hard to look at. I really want to see "Dream Girls," however, because of Jennifer Hudson. I hear she steals the show from Beyonce.

Worked a little bit harder with the weights yesterday and today I feel it a bit, but in a good way. Not too sore but sore enough to know that I worked out. I feel as if my posture is getting better, too.

Had a deep tissue massage today and boy oh boy, she really got in there and worked that sciatic nerve on the left side. I really have to keep on top of that or it will turn into real sciatica and that is NOT a good thing. Lots of stretching that puppy.

BF & I had dental appointments and this marks my 35th year of being cavity-free. Tom was amazed. I am lucky that I inherited my mother's good teeth. My brothers were not as lucky. But I also think it has a lot do with flouride being introduced to the water when I was young. A lot of folks are against flouride but I think it has done more good than harm, especially where dental disease is concerned. Also, I HATE any kind of soda pop and my brothers both love Coke. That may have something to do with it, who knows?

I always hated carbonated beverages. I find they don't quench my thirst and actually make me thirstier. I basically just drink water, green tea, coffee, red wine, beer and fresh juice made in a juicer. None of that commercial crap. You might as well drink pure sugar water.

We bought a really cool picture frame tonight. It looks like a window with 12 panes, 4 across and 3 down. Cherry wood, really pretty. We're want to fill it up with running pix but it takes 4 x 6 photos so we need to get busy and take more of that size. The USATF dinner is coming up so we'll get some more there.

My favorite Christmas gift? A portable DVD player! We actually saw this in a store and I remarked to Tom that it was something I would never buy for myself. Well, whaddya know? He got me one. I am loving it. It will sure make the morning commute that much more tolerable.

Sometimes I read on the bus but those overhead lights are so dim that it's uncomfortable to read. Which is a darn shame because I love to read. But I love being headache-free more. Damn DeCamp! Spring for some freakin' lightbulbs that work halfway decent, why dontcha?

No comments: