Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well, Wet My Feet and Call Me Ducky!

Had my weekly weigh-in/body fat measurement yesterday and I was shocked to learn that I have lost 3 pounds of body fat in a little more than a week's time! My actual weight was up by 3 pounds (nutritionist said it was probably water gain from all the salty foods over the holiday) but he was more interested in the body fat number. I could not believe it. After a week? And not even sticking to the diet that diligently?

So now my body fat is at 22%, 4% away from my goal. I expected to reach my goal in say, 3 months or so. Dayam, this stuff really works.

Had another workout today with free weights and it went pretty well (this after running 9 miles with Tom in the morning!). I have to say I was a bit apprehensive about this since I haven't worked out with free weights for quite some time. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to even do a decent amount of reps with a 5-pound weight. But I was fine, even able to do 8 and 10 pound weights for the different exercises. Naturally, as I keep doing them, I will keep adding weight (up to a point). For now, though, it's fine. She wants me to be slightly sore the next day, not in horrible pain.

I have a massage tomorrow (Gee, this staying home from work could grow on me!). Really more as a therapeutic session than one for relaxation although I do enjoy them immensely. I was supposed to do two sessions after the marathon on Nov. 19 and I've only done one. I really need it as I feel the piriformis acting up again. Very annoying kind of pain. Not debilitating but a dull throb, not while I am running but when I bend over or get up from a seated position.
Working with a trainer should help to counteract some of this, so I am told. A strong core is key.

No comments: