Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Desert" with the Dean

You can't make this shit up. Some of you know that I was graduated from Syracuse University which is well-known for its Newhouse School of Public Communications. So, I was a bit surprised when I received this Hold the Date email today:

THE SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
ALUMNI CLUB

SAVE THE DATE


Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The SUNNJAC Speaker Series

“Desert With The Dean”
With Special Guest
Susan Donovan, SU Dean of Admissions
7:30 PM – 9 PM
Orange Lawn Tennis Club
South Orange, NJ


Well, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here. Maybe the dean is going to regale us all with slides of his recent trip to Death Valley. Or maybe it's an invitation to run away with the dean, "desert with the dean," get it?

No thanks, I'm already taken. By a man who knows the difference between "dessert" and "desert."

3 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Amazing. Everyone is getting worse and worse with their grammar these days. My 88-year-old mom just started a blog (I have to help her a bit to figure out how to log on, LOL!) about grammar. You may enjoy it - she has written one entry so far but will have more:

http://www.margeswordstothewise.blogspot.com

Mauigirl said...

Hey Martta, thanks for commenting on my mom's blog! She was so excited to get a bunch of people commenting on her very first post.

Martta said...

My pleasure!