Friday, October 14, 2005

Bush Has 2% Rating Among African-Americans

Well, uh, geez, what a surprise--NOT!Not that his rating among white Americans is stellar, but 2%? That's gotta be some sort of national record.

It's as if he said, "Let's see how I can get almost 100% of a group of Americans to hate me as much as possible."

Watched Bill Maher a couple of nights ago. I don't agree with everything he says but he can be funny. He had on columnist Andrew Sullivan whom I adore; author Salmon Rushdie, who is actually a very funny guy; and Ben Affleck, who I don't care two shits about what he thinks. I mean, this is a guy who almost married J-Lo. Do I give a rat's ass about his opinions on national politics? No way.

Anyway, like myself, Sullivan is TOTALLY disillusioned with Bush and his ilk. I was glad to see him come out and admit that. I think a lot of conservatives feel the same. In fact, I'd venture to say that the majority of conservatives feel that way. Even the right-wing fundies are beginning to say that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.But, the question remains, who WILL be our next emperor? These is not a soul out there-Democrat or Republican-that I like.

The only person I'd consider for job at this time is Nader and he just does not have a strong core following. I don't know why this is. If you ask a cross-section of people what they think about Nader, the answer is usually a positive one. He just doesn't have the $$$ that the BIG 2 parties have. It's a doggone shame.

No comments: