Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Got an 18-Mile race coming up...

on Sunday and the way I feel today, I'll be lucky to do half of that! Don't get me wrong, I've been running well lately. It's just that today I am sooo tired. Plus, it's boring as hell here at work as almost everyone is out due to Rosh Hashanah. I really don't celebrate it. As a matter of fact, the number of holidays I DO celebrate can be counted on one hand: Spring Solstice (which I consider the true New Year anyway), Halloween (I love to dress up! I love candy, too, but have had to curtail its intake), Fourth of July (I'm patriotic and not afraid to say I love America) and that's about it. Yes, I celebrate Christmas but it's not the Christmas of my childhood in that it's gotten soooo commercial and now you see the retail ads as early as late August. Yuck. I just exchange gifts with my boyfriend and three or four close friends and that is IT. With the exception of the boyfriend (who always buys me really cool things), I would prefer it if my friends just gave $$$ to my favorite animal charity or whatnot. I have everything I need and no one has yet offered to buy me a house...:-)

1 comment:

Daniella said...

I'm with you on the overcommercialization of christmas... yuck.