Friday, February 02, 2007

18.25% BF

Down to 18.25% body fat this week. Yawn. I'm pleased but because I'm getting closer to goal, the percentages just ain't that big a deal anymore. I may quit when I reach 17% and just go on maintenance.

The other good news is that the pain in my back is totally gone, hopefully never to return again. Race season for me starts March 11 with the Newark Distance Classic. Normally, I do the 20K (12.4 miles) but this year I'm just doing the 5K since my goal is to improve my times in the shorter races. There really is no reason for me to do the longer races since I'm not doing a marathon this season. It's kind of a relief not to be training for them. Heck, I've done them for the last 5 years or so. I need a break!

Tom made me laugh yesterday. We were talking about that big hoax in Boston, perpetuated by Turner Broadcasting Co. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Turner Broadcasting was doing a promotion for this new lame cartoon series targeted towards "insomniac stoners," as I've heard it described. They hired a promotions company to place these light boxes around select cities but I guess Boston never got the memo.

Basically, the city was in a uproar because they considered it a possible terror attack. The bomb squad was called, extra cops were put on duty, traffic was rerouted, you get the picture. Mayhem. Supposedly, Turner is being fined for all the extra manpower and aggravation. I'd be upset if I lived in Boston, too.

In fact, once we heard it was Turner Broadcasting, we REALLY wanted Boston to pull out all the stops. Ted Turner, if you recall, was married to that c__t, Jane Fonda. Tom speculated that their marriage ended because she yelled, "PULL OUT NOW!" one too many times.

No comments: