Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Warning: Product Raves



Normally I don't use my blog to hawk products but I just have to share my thoughts about two really great ones: Lux Hair Mousse and Creme de la Mer.

1. Lux Hair Mousse--The parent company is Unilever and unfortunately, Lux Hair Products are only sold in Japan and a couple of other Asian countries. A co-worker brought a pump container back for me and declared that I MUST try it. It is amazing. You put a dab on towel-dried hair and it makes your hair shiny and smooth. I know there are other similar products out there but this stuff is best I've ever tried.

I emailed Unilever asking if there is any store near NYC that sells these products. Someone sent me back a nice but disappointing note saying, sorry, but no, right now there are no plans to sell them here. Bummer. I HATE when companies do that.

(Another example is Nestle's Coffee Crisp chocolate bars, which are only sold in Great Britain and Canada. I don't even eat candy bars but a friend from the Big White North sent me one and it's to die for! It tastes like a Kit Kat with a mocha/ coffee center. Yum. You can order them online but it costs a fortune because you have to order them by the box. Frankly, I don't want or need a big box of candy lying around.)

2. Creme de la Mer--I heard about this amazing moisturizer when I worked at the Empire State Building last week. The makeup guy was doing the face of one of the brides, a woman of a certain age...MINE!, who was complaining about fine lines and dryness. He told her that the only thing that really works, short of going to a dermatologist, is this Creme de la Mer, which can be purchased online or at Bergdorf's.

I've been having the WORST dryness around my eyes this winter, probably due to the dry air and lack of precip for much of the season. Being that I suffer from eye dermatitis, the dryness just aggravates everything. I decided just to spring for the eye balm.

I warn you this stuff ain't cheap. (It's $120 for .5 oz!) But a little dab'll do ya and IT WORKS! I use it morning and night and it seems to have cleared up the dryness and itchiness. It's amazing how quickly it worked, too. Sure beats cortisone cream anyday.

It has a nice fragrance to it, too. A cucumber, seaweedy smell, but gentle.

No comments: