Wednesday, January 10, 2007

19.8% and Counting...

At last night's body fat check-in, I was at 19.8% which puts me in the "Athletic" range. Hallelujah, and pass the French fries, LOL! But seriously, I am thrilled and will probably be even more ecstatic once I visit the chiropractor on Monday. This dull pain in the butt is well, a pain in the butt.

According to the chart, I can go as low at 14 -15% and still be in the "healthy" range. Professional athletes can go lower but hell, I am not one of them. My scale weight has changed little but according to my trainer, I've gained muscle weight. That being said, I don't fret over what the scale says so much anymore.

I do feel stronger but the real test will be how I'll do when race season starts. I did do a personal record in the 4-miler on December 31 and that was only a week or so into the program. This stuff really works.

Is it difficult? Not really, but it does take discipline.

Can you cheat? Once in awhile, yes. But just once in awhile.

Is there anything I don't like about it? Yes, keeping a food diary. I always found this a bit anal but it does work. Hopefully, once I arrive at my goal and can do the program with my eyes closed, I can dispense with the diary.

No comments: